TERMS AND CONDITIONS
LITTLE THINGS ART PRIZE 2018
Artists are invited to submit creative expressions of the ‘Little Things’ that make them feel happy or feel grateful. The science of Positive Psychology emphasises the benefits such focusing of our attention contributes to our health and happiness. As well as inspiring community creative engagement, the resulting exhibition will be a celebration of the artwork displayed and a shared positive experience.
1/ WALL WORKS
- Entries must measure EXACTLY 8 x 10 inches (20.32 x 25.4cm) landscape or portrait. THIS INCLUDES ANY FRAMING.
- Only work that can be attached to the wall will be accepted.
- Paper works should be mounted or framed, not exceeding the size requirement.
- Artwork should be ready for hanging either with a wire attached for hanging on a hook OR flat sections on the back suitable to adhere ‘command’ hanging strips (ie no smaller than 2x5cm)
- All mediums accepted including painting, illustration, photography, collage, printmaking and textiles.
- No sculpture or video work will be accepted.
- Entries must not exceed 8cm in any direction.
- Ceramic works must be able to be displayed on a flat horizontal surface.
- Entry is open to ALL AGES.
- By entering ‘Little Things Art Prize’ you are confirming that you are the creator and owner of the work entered.
- If selected, the work delivered for exhibiting must be EXACTLY THE SAME as uploaded image in registration.
- Whilst all due care will be taken, any loss or damage to the artwork will be the responsibility of the Artist. Artists are responsible for the insurance cover of their entries.
- The artist is responsible for delivery and collection of works including any associated costs and this MUST be done at the designated dates/times (see finalist information below).
- Entries open 1st May 2018
- Non-refundable Entry Fee - Young Artist (18 & under) $15 for one entry /$25 for two entries,
Adult $25 for one entry /$40 for two entries (Maximum of 2 entries per artist)
- If entering two works the entries must be processed on one registration form for the discount.
- Entrants must register online by no later than midnight, August 9th 2018
- Online registration will require entrants to upload an image of their work and write a sentence about how the work relates to the theme ‘Little Things’.
- Only selected works will be exhibited.
Finalist and Prize winners will be selected by the judging panel as follows :-
- Little Things Art Prize 2018 finalists and prize winners will be selected by Damian Moss and Stephen Bird.
- There will also be a Viewer’s Choice Award as voted by the viewers (1 vote per person).
The Judges’ decision is final on all aspects of awarding the prizes, and no correspondence or appeal will be entered into or considered.
- Finalists will be announced prior to 17 August 2018
- Selected artwork must be delivered to Saint Cloche at 37 MacDonald St, Paddington NSW 2021
between 11am-4pm on 25 or 26 August 2018.
- Artwork must be wrapped and labeled with full name & contact details.
- Delivery and collection of artwork at the appropriate day/times is the sole responsibility of the artist.
- It will be at the organisers discretion to refuse to accept works that are not delivered on time or deemed unsuitable for display, such as incorrect size or if the work delivered is not consistent with uploaded image entered.
- Unsold works are to be collected Sunday 9 Sept 4-6pm or Monday 10 Sept 10am-2pm from Saint Cloche Gallery.
- Works that have not been collected may be disposed of at the discretion of the gallery.
- Finalists exhibition will be held at Saint Cloche Gallery, 37 MacDonald St, Paddington.
- Exhibition dates: 29 August - 9 September, 2018. Gallery hours Wed-Sat 10am-5pm, Sun 11am-4pm.
- Award presentation/celebration, with special guest Dr Tim Sharp Saturday 8 September 2pm announcement.
CATEGORY 1 - WALL WORKS
WINNER - $500 cash prize thanks to 1st City Woollahra, Full page spread artist profile & editorial mention in Publishers feature 'Kerrie Loves' upfront in ART/EDIT magazine.
HIGHLY COMMENDED - $250 Framing & Art Matters framing voucher & 1 year Print Subscription to Art Monthly Australasia magazine
YOUNG ARTIST AWARD (18 & under)
Art materials Hamper sponsored by The Happiness Institute
B.OK ideas box and another one to gift a friend.
- All artwork must be available for sale during the exhibition.
- All artwork sales will be processed through Saint Cloche Gallery.
- A commission of 40% plus GST will be deducted from the selling price of any work sold by Saint Cloche Gallery.
- The sale price indicated on the entry form should include GST. ie allow for GST when determining a work’s Retail Price.
- The gallery will request an invoice before transferring payment.
Artwork entered may be reproduced by any means, in any media for promotional purposes such as media coverage or online publicity, unless otherwise requested by Artist. Images uploaded via registration may be reproduced in the ‘Little Things Art Prize’ catalogue, if selected as a finalist.
The catalogue will be available for sale during the exhibition.
For further enquiries please email Marnie Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org